Altaffer & Chen PLLC has experience in and handles a variety of general litigation, arbitration, and mediation. If you are in a dispute, have been sued or believe you are ready to file a suit, the firm may represent you in various consumer and business matters, including for example the following:
- Breach of contract (business contract or consumer contract)
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Defamation including on the Internet
- Fraud, misrepresentation, and negligent misrepresentation
- Homeowner/homeowner association disputes
- Real property title disputes
- Texas Civil Wiretap Act
- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act (DTPA)
- Texas Theft Liability Act
- Tortious Interference With Business Relationships
- Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Wrongful home foreclosure
Examples of Representative Case Decisions at trial:
Represented individuals in an internet defamation case and received a jury verdict.
Defended a partner in an LLC against a suit for breach of contract to buy his partner,s interest and received an instructed verdict in favor of client.
Examples of Representative Cases resolved without a trial:
Represented Individuals in a case against Wal-Mart for fraud and negligent misrepresentation, malicious prosecution and false arrest, breach of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices - Consumer Protection Act (the DTPA), and negligence and gross negligence.
Defended architect against claims of deceptive trade practices and breach of contract regarding the building of a new building by the building owner.
Represented family in claim of breach of fiduciary duties by trustee of trust established for their disabled sibling.
Represented homeowner in claims on his homeowner,s insurance policy for theft and defended against allegations by his insurance company that he had filed fraudulent claims.
Represented individual lady in claims for dog bite.
Represented homeowner in claims against neighbor for building brick wall on her property.
Represented homeowner in claims for wrongful and fraudulent foreclosure.