Altaffer & Chen PLLC has experience in and handles a variety of general litigation, arbitration, and mediation. If you are in a dispute, have been sued or believe you are ready to file a suit, the firm may represent you in various consumer and business matters, including for example the following:
- Breach of contract (business contract or consumer contract)
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Defamation including on the Internet
- Fraud, misrepresentation, and negligent misrepresentation
- Homeowner/homeowner association disputes
- Real property title disputes
- Texas Civil Wiretap Act
- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act (DTPA)
- Texas Theft Liability Act
- Tortious Interference With Business Relationships
- Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Wrongful home foreclosure
Examples of Representative Case Decisions at trial:
Represented individuals in an internet defamation case and received a jury verdict.
Defended a partner in an LLC against a suit for breach of contract to buy his partner,s interest and received an instructed verdict in favor of client.
Examples of Representative Cases resolved without a trial:
Represented a family in a state court lawsuit suing Wal-Mart for fraud and negligent misrepresentation, malicious prosecution and false arrest, breach of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices - Consumer Protection Act (the DTPA), and negligence and gross negligence.
Defended an architect against claims of deceptive trade practices and breach of contract by the owner of a new building designed by the architect.
Represented part of a family in a state court lawsuit suing the trustee of the family trust for breach of her fiduciary duties in managing the trust established for their disabled sibling.
Represented a homeowner in claims on his homeowner's insurance policy for the value if his stolen property and defended against allegations by his insurance company that the homeowner had filed fraudulent claims.
Represented an individual lady in claims for dog bite.
Represented a homeowner in a state court lawsuit for claims against her neighbor for building a brick wall on the homeowner's property.
Represented a homeowner in a state court lawsuit for a fraudulent foreclosure.